Coronavirus and your digital marketing strategy
During the Pandemic the world is currently facing, many businesses have closed their doors and stopped trading due to government guidelines. We are seeing a spike in the number of people online due to being home and surfing the internet! Now is a perfect time if your business isn’t online, to get online. We have put together some tips your business should be doing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Don’t go quiet! Now, more than ever businesses should be utilising social media platforms and the benefit these can have on business growth. Due to people working at home and using the internet more, the general public is consuming a lot more content. Get creating content from home. Some ideas for you:
- If you have a blog on your website, start posting more and more and then you can share these articles on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin.
- People LOVE listening to podcasts, get started and invite people through Zoom to join you for an hour or so and have a general chit chat about business and what you do. Everyone has a lot more time on their hands now so you might as well be productive with it!
- If you are a ‘brick and mortar business’ stream live to your Facebook Page, this will allow you to engage with your customers and you can also show some of your products. If you don’t have an online store set up, people can send a message to your page and pay via bank transfer. You can then post your items out to them.
- Reuse old content and jazz it up a bit so you can still be posting on your social media platforms!
- Use this time to set up and play with new social media platforms, one of our favourites is TikTok. Think of it as the new version of Vine and the organic reach is phenomenal, you might even go viral
A lot of our web and hosting clients have had to close their doors, if you have a website, add a pop up to let users know if you’re still open or delivery as normal. You could also send an email campaign out to inform your customers what your business is doing during this pandemic. If you don’t have an online store, now is a great time to get set up and start trading. You send us an email and we can get you up and running in a week or two!
Don’t pause your SEO activities, watch the trending keywords, write an article for that, gather some guest posts. If you still have not done any SEO optimisation for your website, just go for On-Page SEO optimisation, you may have higher chances of getting ranking without backlinks. If you’re trying for high volume keywords and it takes too long to get the first position within a quick time frame, rank for featured snippets – it will increase the click-through rate.
Optimise your website for voice search and include optimised video’s in the website (who doesn’t like a video?!) also use video in your social media marketing campaigns for better engagement. You can also update your Google my business listing if you’re closed, change numbers if you’re working from home.
From all of us here at Nautilus Marketing, please stay safe and well over the next few weeks or months. We will get over this